Print Friendly Recipe
- Flavorful curry, simple to make and a nice entree for cool spring nights.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ghee or oil
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lamb, cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 green chiles, chopped (size and type according to how hot you want the curry to be)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) turmeric
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) or more chili powder (to taste for heat)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) coconut milk
- cooked rice
- condiments (see below)
- Heat the ghee or oil in a large pan and brown the meat in small batches, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add and cook the onion, stirring until just soft.
- Add the garlic, chili, ginger, turmeric, cumin, coriander and chili powder.
- Stir until just heated through.
- Return the meat to the pan and stir until well coated with the spices.
- Stir in the salt and tomatoes.
- Simmer, covered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Stir in the coconut milk and simmer, uncovered, for another 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve with steamed rice and a cool cucumber salad for a perfect meal!
Note: Use all your favorite condiments to top the curry, like chopped peanuts, shredded coconut, chopped green onions, raisins, or even plain yogurt!
(Curries can be very flavorful and mild or quite zippy and hot, hot, hot! Adjust your heat with the use of chili powder and the type of chopped green chiles you use).
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.