Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:3 cups plus
- 1 8-oz package philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) sour cream
- 20 ramps
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- Blanch 15 ramps including tops, cool, then chop finely.
- Whip sour cream and softened cream cheese together.
- Add cayenne pepper and salt.
- Add chopped ramps.
- Take remaining raw ramps, chop finely, and add to mixture.
- Serve with bite size pieces of French bread.
- Ramp Season is about here! YIKES! The wild strong flavor and s-m-e-l-l-s of this wild "onion-garlic-leek-whatever" vegetable makes it's crowning sprouts in the Appalachain Mountains. What a great time to visit the Appalachain Mountains for the huge Ramp Festivals of Spring!!
This recipe was found at: http://www.foodfinder.com/ramps/ramprecipes.html
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.