Print Friendly Recipe
- Wild Widerness RAMPS in a chicken chili! Indigestion? Naw...
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Serve 4 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ramps (leaves and all) cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). Crisco hot & spicy cooking oil
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp (5 ml). Mexican oregano
- 2 tsp (10 ml). ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cayenne
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). Mexican chili powder
- 2 4 oz (112 grm). cans chopped green chilies
- 2 16 oz (448 grm). cans kidney beans (liquid included)
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can refried beans
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can stewed tomatoes
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tomato paste
- 2 15-1/2 oz (434 grm). cans beef consomme
- diced ramps
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- Cook chicken, ramps and garlic in oil till chicken is slightly browned.
- Add spices, chilies and stir together.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook covered for 1 hour.
- Top finished chili with diced ramps and grated cheese.
- Hint: I might add a Whole Lotta Sour Cream to cut into the heat and.. ah, RAMPS!
- Ramp Season is about here! YIKES! The wild strong flavor and s-m-e-l-l-s of this wild "onion-garlic-leek-whatever" vegetable makes it's crowning sprouts in the Appalachain Mountains. What a great time to visit the Appalachain Mountains for the huge Ramp Festivals of Spring!!
This recipe was found at: http://www.foodfinder.com/ramps/ramprecipes.html
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.