Print Friendly Recipe
- Savory and different way to ENJOY green beans! From Bon Appétit September 1995
- S. Chokel
- 1 lb (.5 kg). green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 6 bacon slices
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped shallot
- 4 tsp (20 ml) white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Transfer to shallow bowl.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in medium skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Drain bacon on paper towel.
- Add shallot to skillet and saut 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir vinegar into shallot mixture in skillet.
- Season warm dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over green beans and toss to coat.
- Crumble bacon over finished and dressed green beans as you serve plates or place on serving platter.
- While it is especially good with the meat loaf, this vegetable will also do wonders for chicken or roast beef.
Bon App tit, September 1995
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.