Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious rich chocolate cookie with nuts around a Rolo. *Chocolate covering a soft gooey wonderful Caramel center!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 dozen or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) softened butter (do not substitute)
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs (I use jumbo)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) baking cocoa
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans, divided
- 1 13 oz (364 grm). package ROLO candies
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, 1 cup (225 ml) sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine and sift flour, cocoa and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and beat slowly until it is just combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup (125 ml) pecans until blended.
- Shape dough by tbspfuls around each candy.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining pecans and sugar; dip each cookie halfway.
- Place with nut side up on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 7-10 minutes or until top is slightly cracked.
- Cool for 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- This is a favorite at Christmas time, however they are delicious anytime! My husband has a co-worker who requests them! These are truly a Family Favorite Nominee for the Cookie Hall of Fame!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.