Print Friendly Recipe
- Truly a beloved and favorite appetizer for all occasions.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Serves 6 (2 each)
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 cup (225 ml) (4 ounces) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 1/2-inch slices of French baguette bread
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) to 1/2 cup (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, and minced garlic together, set aside.
- In a shallow casserole dish or a 9 inch x 13 inch cake pan, lay the baguette slices and lightly toast them in the oven at about 400 degrees (200 C.).
- When you take the bread out of the oven, turn the oven down to 350 degrees (175 C.) and leave in the pan and drizzle the olive oil on each slice--it is about 1/4 cup (60 ml) to 1/2 cup (125 ml) depending on your taste (I recommend going lighter).
- Place the artichoke and parmesan cheese mixture evenly divided between all the slices of toasted bread.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- I serve these often times as a luncheon entree with fruit kabobs drizzled in minted lemon honey dressing and lots of crunchy crudites like radishes, jicama sticks, carrot sticks, celery sticks etc.
Another note: I like to top them off with a few shavings off a block of parmesan cheese and some fresh ground black pepper for a bit of bite.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.