Print Friendly Recipe
- Well developed flavors in this delicious chicken stew. Your family will request this over and over. Made in a crockpot.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) plus 1 tsp (5 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). chicken parts, skinned
- 2 cups (475 ml) diced onion
- 2 cups (475 ml) diced celery
- 1 cup (225 ml) sweet red pepper
- 1 cupsweet green pepper
- 4 cups (950 ml) canned whole tomatoes (reserve liquid), smooshed up in your hands or cut-up
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cut green beans
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) chile powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- In a large and deep skillet, heat oil.
- Brown chicken parts, remove and place in crock-pot.
- Saute onions, celery and sweet bell peppers in skillet until onions are golden.
- Place in crock-pot on top of chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours (High 3 to 4).
- Don't be intimidated by the amounts of ingredients! It is all easy and simple everyday item from your cabinets and it is really fun to put it together, even better when you eat it!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.