Print Friendly Recipe
- If you loved the fresh, tender, rich cinnabon buns, you will go right to heaven in your own kitchen with these!
- S. Chokel
- Dough Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/2 package instant vanilla pudding -(1/2 of a 3-1/3 oz (95.2 grm). box)
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 4 cups (950 ml) all-purpose flour (unbleached is best)
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) yeast
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, melted
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cinnamon
- raisins (optional)
- chopped nuts (optional)
- 4 oz (112 grm). cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) almond extract
- Place ingredients in your bread machine following its specifications for the dough cycle.
- When it is completed with the dough making option, remove from machine and roll out to a 17 inch x 10 inch (approx.) rectangle.
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Spread melted butter over dough.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and the raisins and chopped nuts if you want them, on top of the buttered dough.
- Roll tightly from long end, pinching edges closed when completely rolled.
- Slice rolled dough into 3/4" slices, (I use the dental floss trick and avoid the problems with knife slicing).
- Place into greased cake pans. (I use just my rectangle turkey roaster!).
- Let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden--Do not overbake! Essential to keep them tender and perfectly textured.
- Mix all the ingredients together. (I have also used rum and brandy for flavorings with great success).
- Spread on very warm rolls.
- They are best when eaten fresh, but you can freeze them. Thaw to room temperature and then microwave them for about 15-20 seconds to warm them up.
Absolutely best with freshly ground coffee beans brewed into a rich hot coffee mixed with frothed steamed milk and the warm cinnamon-y decadent buns.. oh, yum.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.