Print Friendly Recipe
- Moist and scrumptious muffins for special mornings or evening coffee or tea time.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:12 (18 smaller sized)
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) grated carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 large green apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 3 jumbo eggs (or 4 large)
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) and well grease muffin pan cups.
- Sift together in a deep large mixing bowl the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in carrots, raisins, pecans, coconut, and apple.
- In another deep medium mixing bowl, beat eggs with vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Slowly and carefully, pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir gently to blend, but don't over-mix it (Over mixing causes the batter to bake up tougher and not as light and good).
- Fill muffin pan cups to the top and bake for 35 minutes or until light and springy.
- Let muffins cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes or so, then turn out and let cool completely.
- (The size muffin pan you use will determine the cooking time. If you use the giant size they will bake longer.. the little gem muffins will bake up quite quickly)
- These freeze very well and the recipe can easily be doubled.. so logic considered.. make a couple dozen and freeze extras for work day mornings you want something to start your day off special.. or for weekend leisurely mornings. We like to take these along when we are travelling as they are so satisfying and not wasted calories.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.