Print Friendly Recipe
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:12 or more
- 1 box of Jiffy brand golden yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of water
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 box 3-3/4 oz (105 grm). instant pineapple or vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1 20 oz (560 grm). can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 9 oz (252 grm). carton cool whip
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) and grease a 9 inch by 13 inch cake pan.
- Prepare the Jiffy cake mix with egg and water exactly as indicated on the box.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 13 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of oven and and cool the cake.
- Cream together cream cheese and 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the pineapple or vanilla pudding to 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk, and beat until smooth and thickened.
- Blend cream cheese and pudding mixture together, and spoon over the cooled cake.
- Taking the very well drained pineapple, spead it over the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with the cool whip, then sprinkle with finely chopped nuts.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight (make a whole day earlier for the easiest cutting).
- Note: I think it would be very easy.. perhaps easier even.. to omit the Jiffy cake mix and substitute a graham cracker crust and make the pie as directed after that.
This is a very delicous dessert that tastes light and springy! This is a recipe my sweet tooth mother-in-law, who is originally from "the old country", gave me and it is a good one!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.