Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 head (1 pound) Romaine lettuce washed, drained, and torn into bit-size pieces.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml). red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). anchovy paste
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- Place lettuce in large salad bowl.
- In small mixing bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice, garlic, anchovy paste, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard, and pepper till blended well.
- Whisk in the olive oil.
- Pour dressing over lettuce and toss well.
- Add croutons and cheese and toss again.
- Season to taste with salt, and maybe more pepper.
- This recipe omits the original coddled or raw eggs but
I don't think you'll miss them. It taste just as great as the original Caesar salad recipe.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.