Print Friendly Recipe
- Allrecipes (Nancy Reeves)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) butter
- 4 cups (950 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 lb (.5 kg). chopped pecans
- 1 lb (.5 kg). candied cherries
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (475 ml) white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb (.5 kg). candied pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) golden raisins
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 golden delicious apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees (125 C.).
- Grease one 10 inch tube pan.
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and dust pan with flour.
- Cream the butter together with the white sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each one.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in 3 cups (700 ml) of the flour, baking powder, and salt and blend well.
- Toss candied cherries, chopped pecans, candied pineapple, and white raisins with the remaining 1 cup (225 ml) flour.
- Stir fruit and nut mixture into the batter and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees (125 C.) for 3 hours.
- Let cake cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- After cake is cold, cut a piece of waxed paper to fit the top of the cake.
- Put the apple slices on top of the waxed paper and put cake into a closed container.
- Store cake in a cool dry area for about 3 days or until the cake takes up the juice from the apple slices.
- Remove apple slices and waxed paper and serve
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.