Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) bread or all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). baking powder
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter or other shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts
- cream cheese, softened (optional)
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- Crush enough of the strawberries to fill 1 cup (225 ml).
- Pour into a small saucepan and heat over a medium flame.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Slice the remaining strawberries and chill.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the sugar and butter together and then add the eggs and water, mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing well to blend.
- Stir in the crushed strawberries and walnuts.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 8 inch x 4 inch x 4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When the loaf has cooled in the pan for 10 minutes, turn onto a rack to cool.
- Cut into slices, spread with softened cream cheese, add a light dusting of cinnamon, and top with the reserved chilled strawberries.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.