Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 1 6-ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) creme de cacao or whipping cream
- 1 baked 8- or 9-inch pastry shell
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Chocolate curls or miniature chocolate pieces (optional)
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan combine the 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream, chocolate pieces, butter, and sugar.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted--this should take about 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Gradually stir about half of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks.
- Return egg mixture to saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and nearly bubbly--this should take 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat (Mixture may appear to separate).
- Stir in creme de cacao or whipping cream.
- Place saucepan in a bowl of ice water; stir occasionally until mixture stiffens and becomes hard to stir (20 minutes).
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat the cooled chocolate mixture with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Spread filling in a baked pastry shell.
- Cover and chill pie about 5 hours or until set, or for up to 24 hours.
- At serving time, top each serving with whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate curls or pieces, if desired.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.