Print Friendly Recipe
- Light buttermilk pancakes
- Prickly Pear
Serves/Makes:3 or more
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) canola oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) (about) buttermilk
- fruit and flavorings optional (see comments below)
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda and sugar together.
- Mix egg, oil, and buttermilk together well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and blend well.
- If batter is too thick add additional buttermilk until you achieve the consistency you desire.
- I just fry these in a skillet with a little butter.
- My husband won't eat any other pancakes--he says these aren't "sinkers." You can add fruit or other flavorings as desired. One of my favorite is to add just 1 teaspoon brandy to the batter. This imparts a very delicate flavor, but doesn't taste like alcohol.
This is an easy recipe to double or triple. Can be made ahead and rewarmed in microwave.
Sprinkle fresh rinsed and stemmed blueberries on pancakes before turning them so that blueberries are evenly distributed or just stir a cup or so into the batter.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.