Print Friendly Recipe
- Chucks Collection
Serves/Makes:8 large dumplings
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- 1 beaten egg white
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil
- dash of salt and pepper
- soup broth
- Stir dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg white until stiff.
- Stir in milk and oil.
- Add to the dry ingredients.
- Stir with a fork until just combined.
- Bring soup to a simmer.
- Drop dumpling from a rounded tsp to make 8 mounds.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes.
- DO NOT PEEK or lift cover.
- I like these or rolled dumplings. Do not have a recipe for rolled cornmeal dumplings.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.