Print Friendly Recipe
- From Debbie's mom's WWll cookbook
- Weird and different recipes (Debbie)
- 6 crows
- 3 bacon slices
- stuffing of your choice
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 diced onion
- chopped parsley
- hot water or stock
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shortening
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- buttered toast
- Clean and dress crows.
- Stuff and place them upright in stew-pan on the slices of bacon.
- Add the carrot, onion and a little parsley, and cover with boiling water or stock.
- Cover the pot and let simmer for 2-3 hours, or until tender, adding boiling water or stock when necessary.
- Make a sauce of the shortening and flour and 2 cups (475 ml) of the stock remaining in the pan.
- Serve each crow on a thin slice of moistened toast, and pour gravy over all.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.