Print Friendly Recipe
- This dish freezes well!
- Suzanne M.
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). chuck or bottom round, cut in 1" cubes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shortening
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced onion
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) catsup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) paprika
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- dash red pepper
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 8 oz (224 grm). noodles (not cooked until ready to serve)
- Brown beef in hot shortening, adding onions and garlic.
- Cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Mix catsup and seasonings; add to skillet, stirring to mix.
- Add 3 cups (700 ml) water.
- Cover and simmer till meat is tender-about 2 hrs. or so.
- Blend flour and 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water and stir into skillet.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute.
- Serve over hot, cooked noodles.
- This makes a very tasty sauce. Sometimes I add more water to help allow for the liquid that simmers away during cooking. After making the sauce, cool and freeze. When you are ready to eat, defrost and reheat the sauce, cook noodles, and you'll be ready to go.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.