Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) maple syrup
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) pastry flour OR 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 tsp (15 ml). baking powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- chopped nuts
- Pour water and maple syrup into large pot.
- Cover and simmer while preparing dumplings.
- Sift flour with baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Cut in butter.
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients; add milk and stir slightly.
- Drop large spoonfuls of batter into the boiling syrup.
- Sprinkle nuts over dumplings.
- Cover and simmer, without removing cover, for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.