Print Friendly Recipe
- Susan S.
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 duck
- giblets from Duck
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, clarified
- 3 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onions, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sage
- 1 cup (225 ml) white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) apple juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) orange peel, grated
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Triple Sec
- 1 cup (225 ml) broccoli florets
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ginger, ground
- 1 cup (225 ml) celery, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Bake and debone duck; save crispy skin for pie crust.
- While Duck is roasting, make sauce for pot pie: chop up giblets (except for neck) and brown all pieces in clarified butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, carrot and celery.
- When onions are translucent, add enough water to cover, then the wine, vinegar, bay leaf, sage and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, reduce liquid to one cup, then remove neck and bayleaf.
- Make a roux with flour and butter, stirring constantly until flour is a medium brown.
- Add the giblet stock, grated orange peel, Triple Sec and the apple juice, stirring constantly to keep sauce smooth.
- When sauce is medium thick, remove from heat.
- Line 9" deep dish pie pan with bottom crust.
- Add meat, broccoli, leeks, diced celery, peppers and ginger, and pour sauce over all.
- Roll pieces of reserved crispy duck skin into top crust, then cover pie and seal and crimp edges.
- Bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 35-40 minutes or until crust browns.
- This is a nice, hot, wintertime or rainy day entree. Recipe fashioned by CCG2: Jo Ann Klein, Kemper Smith, MaryJane Zirolli, Carey Dudgeon, Penny Stamm and Garry Williams
Posted on GEnie by G.WILLIAMS42 [Garry/CaryNC], Feb 03, 1993
MM by Sylvia Steiger, GEnie THE.STEIGERS, CI$ 71511,2253, GT Cookbook echo moderator, net/node 004/005
|Email This To A Friend