Print Friendly Recipe
- The tangy sweetness of sourdough for excellent bread products from pancakes, biscuits, breads and rolls.
- Arizona Tart
Serves/Makes:About 1-1/2 Quarts of starter
- 3 medium Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1 Package Dry Yeast
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) potato water
- Cook 3 meduim potatoes in water until tender.
- Drain; reserving all the liquid.
- Use potatoes in a favorite recipe, if desired.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, salt and dry yeast; mix well.
- Stir in reserved potato water.
- Cover with a towel or cheesecloth and place in a warm place, 85 degrees (30 C.) F., for 1-2 days or until mixture becomes bubbly.
- Stir down several times a day.
- Store until needed in refrigerator in a clean plastic container with a tight fitting lid--this same lid must have a small hole punched in it's top to allow the gases to escape.
- To replenish and feed (which is required to keep it alive), add equal amounts of flour and lukewarm water at least once a week.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.