Print Friendly Recipe
- Rock Springs Sweet Onion Festival Cook Book 1992
- 6 medium sweet onions, sliced
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) brown sugar
- In heavy skillet, melt butter and vegetable oil.
- Add onions and saute until they are slightly brown.
- Season with salt.
- Reduce heat, stirring constantly until caramel color and tender.
- Stir in brown sugar until dissolved.
- Put in jars and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- May be heated again.
- Serve with chicken or turkey.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.