Print Friendly Recipe
- A stack of tacos cut into pie wedges
- Connie Rochlis
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef, turkey, or chicken
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can pinto beans
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated Jack or cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- sour cream
- Brown the ground meat.
- Add water and taco seasoning to meat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Empty can of pinto beans and its liquid into a blender; blend just a few seconds until beans are a little chunky - not pureed.
- Spray a casserole with vegetable spray.
- Spread sour cream over tortilla and place it in the casserole.
- 1/4 Put bean mixture on top of the sour cream.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese.
- Top with another tortilla.
- 1/2 Put of the meat mixture on top of that tortilla.
- Add some salsa and cover with another tortilla.
- Continue with the bean and meat layers ending with sour cream, beans, and cheese.
- Top with the last tortilla.
- Cover the casserole and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Slice through the stack with a sharp knife and cut 4 wedges.
- Remove with spatula to serve.
- This is a meal that my whole family likes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.