Print Friendly Recipe
- A savory way to use holiday leftovers! Plain good ol' fashioned Southern fare!
- Arizona Tart
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 pan, 8 inch x 8 inch, of rich southern cornbread
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken stock (add some ham drippings if available)
- 1 cup (225 ml) cream or whole milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced cooked ham
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced cooked chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- butter to taste
- Optional: green peas, capers, mushrooms
- Garnish: paprika and chopped parsley
- In a medium large saucepan, heat together the chicken stock and cream.
- Add the ham and the chicken, stir and heat (if you are using green peas, capers, or mushrooms, this is when you add them).
- Season to taste.
- Cut the cornbread into squares and place on plates and butter them to taste (warm cornbread is the best to use).
- Ladle the lower and top layers of the cornbread with the gravy and meat.
- Serve immediately and garnish as desired.
- This can be served on thick rich slices of homemade bread as well for a great meal.
Our favorite way to eat this is to use our saved leftover frozen chicken or turkey and frozen saved ham from past meals and cook this up and have it with a big ol' mess of fresh green beans in the summer when the beans come on! YUMMIE Southern Food for everyone.. Southern or Northern!
If you can fit dessert a little later on, try a hot homemade Apple Cobbler or Apple Crisp with vanilla ice cream!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.