Print Friendly Recipe
- Great Pie Crust for any pie
- Mary Woodhouse
Serves/Makes:At least a few pies.
- 6 cups (1425 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 package vegetable shortening
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- Mix all ingredients by hand with pastry blender.
- Store until needed.
- Approximately 2 to 3 cups (700 ml) of pie crust mix are needed for each crust (therefore 4 to 6 cups (1425 ml) for a double-crust depending on how thick you like your pastry).
- For every 2 cups (475 ml) of mixture add 1/4 cup (60 ml) water.
- Mix together and roll out on floured surface.
- Put in pie pan and crimp edges as desired.
- Baked shell: 425 degrees (225 C.) for 12-15 minutes
- Double-crust: 425 degrees (225 C.) for 40-50 minutes
- Mixture should be stored in air-tight container. Keeps very well for a long time.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.