Print Friendly Recipe
- Who likes Spam!? YOU WILL after trying this delicious sandwich spread! Tangy and savory with down home goodness or a more elegant appeal! Really!
- Laura and Jay's Mom
Serves/Makes:About 1 1/2 Quarts
- 1 can Spam, grated
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4-5 large dill pickles, grated
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) to 2 cups (475 ml) Miracle Whip (adjust to taste and consistency)
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sweet onion, finely minced (optional)
- In a large deep mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together well.
- Chill in refrigerator in a tightly sealed container.
- Will keep for 2 weeks.
- *Best kept in a Tupperware, Rubber Maid or plastic sealed 1 quart (950 ml) bowl (Cool Whip or Margarine Tub type containers will work) for convenience.
- Serving Suggestions:
On Triscuits or Ritz with a sprig of dill and small strip of pimento for canapes.
On toasted rye or whole wheat (plain white or any other bread of your choice is fine too!) bread, cut in triangles for snacks and luncheons.
On top of a mixed greens and vegetable salad plate.
Use to stuff into hollowed out Fresh Tomatoes or hollowed out Zuchinni Squash.
On top of a Bagel or English Muffin.
Stuffed into a cut in half and open Pita Bread with greens and Veggies of your choice.
Place 1/3 Cup of Spam Sandwich Filling on top of your favorite bread product, and place into a 375F-400F degree oven and bake for fifteen minutes for a hot cheesey open faced sandwich meal!
Especially wonderful when served with Carrot and Celery Spears and Potato Chips!
Note: You can use regular, low sodium, or low fat or any variety of Spam you like for this recipe.
This recipe has been around forever. One of my best friends who originates from Iowa fancies her recipe up for Wedding Receptions, Showers, Teas and the like! She substitutes Minced Bologna for the Spam! Good too!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.