Print Friendly Recipe
- A Dieter's Dream or a fantastic way to enjoy a cold salad without mayonnaise or miracle whip. Truly delicious and SIMPLE to make!
- Michael's BabyCakes
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 4 cups (950 ml) cooked rice
- 2 tomatoes peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled, deseeded and chopped
- 6 radishes, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) green stuffed olives, sliced thin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) curry powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of Grey Poupon mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- mixed greens, rinsed and torn into bite size pieces
- optional: red pepper flakes, to taste
- optional garnish: toasted pine nuts or spicy toasted almonds
- In a large deep mixing bowl, mix together the rice, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, celery, onion, and olives.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- In a small deep mixing bowl, mix together curry powder, mustard, vinegar, and oil and the red pepper flakes if desired.
- Mix dressing well to combine ingredients and develop the flavor.
- Pour the dressing over the the rice/vegetables and with your hands, gently toss.
- Chill for at least 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Make a bed of mixed greens and place a 3/4 cup (175 ml) to 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) scoop of the rice salad on top.
- Optional Garnish:
- Sprinkle a few toasted pine nuts or spicy toasted almonds on top of rice mixture.
- This recipe is fabulous alone for lunch or with roasted chicken or grilled fish for dinner.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.