Print Friendly Recipe
- Bite sized pieces of potato in a garlic and butter sauce.
- Jessica W. in CA
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 2 or more baking potatoes, depending on the size of the potato and how many people you will be serving, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 or more cloves garlic, minced
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) butter
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). black pepper
- dash of salt
- dash of basil
- dash of oregano
- Place raw potatoes in a microwave oven safe 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) casserole dish that has a lid--the potatoes should reach the top of the dish but leave room for the lid.
- Add the butter,garlic, and spices and stir the mixture well.
- Pour in some water, so that it about 1/2 inch thick on the bottom.
- Place the lid on top and microwave for 12-15 minutes on high, or until the potatoes are soft.
- There should be a buttery sauce at the bottom.
- When you serve the potatoes,spoon more of the butter sauce on top or serve with brown gravy.
- This is an easy potato side dish that takes very little preparation other then the chopping and mixing of ingredients. Make sure you have enough water, but not too much, since it is the water that steams and helps to cook the potatoes.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.