Print Friendly Recipe
- Melissia Swiatek
- 3 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 13 oz (364 grm). can minced clams, drained, reserving liquid
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all purpose flour
- 3 cups (700 ml) whole milk
- Cook bacon in large saucepan over medium heat till crisp.
- Remove bacon from saucepan.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Set aside.
- Add potatoes, celery, onion, salt, thyme, pepper, and reserved clam juice to bacon drippings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes or till vegis are crisp tender.
- In 1 qt. jar with tight fitting lid, combine flour and milk.
- Shake till smooth.
- Gradually stir into vegi mixture.
- Cook over medium heat 15 minutes or till thickened.
- Stir frequently.
- Stir in clams.
- Heat gently, stirring frequently.
- Do not Boil.
- Sprinkle bacon over each serving.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.