Print Friendly Recipe
- A low calorie, low carbohydrate entree
- 3-1/2 tbsp (50 ml) lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) low sodium chicken broth, fat skimmed off top and discarded
- 4 6 oz (168 grm). boneless skinless chicken breast halves, washed and patted dry
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). lemon pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml). cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). fresh rosemary
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). lemon peel, shredded
- Combine first 3 ingredients and 1/3 cup (80 ml) chicken broth.
- Mix well.
- Pour marinade over chicken breasts and marinate in refrigerater 1 hour.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper.
- Broil about 10 minutes per side, or until cooked throughout.
- Measure out 1 tbsp (15 ml) plus 1 tsp (5 ml). of remaining chicken broth and set aside.
- Combine rest of chicken broth with the marinade in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix together cornstarch and reserved chicken broth.
- Blend into simmering mixture and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Strain the sauce through a china cap or fine sieve.
- Add rosemary and lemon peel.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
- Per serving: calories 208, fat 2.9g, 13% calories from fat, cholesterol 100mg, protein 40.5g, carbohydrates 3.5g, fiber 0.4g, sugar 0.7g, sodium 187mg, diet points 4.8.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.