Print Friendly Recipe
- Gary Backman
- 1 oz (28 grm). dried porcini or other mushrooms soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes
- 1 cup (225 ml) soft fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). fresh shiitake,porcini or other wild mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 lg. eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried thyme
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) black pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground round
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground pork
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground veal or turkey
- 6 slices bacon
- Remove the dried mushrooms from the liquid; chop and set aside.
- In a bowl soak the breadcrumbs in the cream.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onions; saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Remove onion and garlic to large bowl; set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp (15 ml) of olive oil to pan and increase the heat to high.
- Add the soaked mushrooms along with the fresh mushrooms to the pan.
- Saute stirring constantly until mushrooms release there liquid and it evaporates.
- Add the mushrooms to the onions and garlic.
- Stir in the eggs, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Add the ground meats and breadcrumbs.
- Using your hands, mix until well blended.
- Rinse a loaf pan with cold water.
- Pack the mixture into it invert on a foil lined baking sheet; remove loaf pan.
- Place 3 slices of bacon on each loaf.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours in oven.
- Remove and cover loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.