Print Friendly Recipe
- Better Homes and Garden
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cold water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cooking oil
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated orange peel
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cream of tartar
- powdered sugar
- In large bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine water, cooking oil, egg yolks, orange peel and vanilla.
- Make well in center of flour mixture; add egg yolk mixture.
- Beat with electric mixer on low speed until combined.
- Wash beaters thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until frothy.
- Beat in cream of tartar and continue beating just until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Pour egg-yolk batter in a thin steam over entire surface of beaten egg whites; fold in lightly by hand.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree (175 C.) oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched lightly.
- Remove from oven; invert in its pan.
- Cool in pan.
- Gently loosen side of cake from pan with a spatula or knife.
- Invert onto a serving plate and remove pan.
- Sift powdered sugar over cake.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.