Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) corn meal
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) shucked corn
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk or cold water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon [optional]
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar [optional]
- oil for frying
- Preheat oil to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Toss in the shucked corn.
- Using a fork, stir in the egg.
- A little bit at a time, mix in the liquid until the dough forms a ball.
- Let sit for 10 min, then check to see if it needs a bit more liquid.
- You are aiming for a very stiff, but not at all dry, dough.
- Shape into balls, and drop a few at a time into the oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Source: World Wide Recipes Pen Pal Forum
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.