Print Friendly Recipe
- Chewy fruity bar cookies
Serves/Makes:4 dozen or more
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soft butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) molasses
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) hot water
- 1 9 oz (252 grm). box mincemeat
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) raisins
- 3 cups (700 ml) powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) hot milk (approximate)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- dash salt
- chopped nuts for topping, optional
- In large bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, eggs and molasses.
- Sift or whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and spices.
- Add dry ingredients and water to bowl; mix until smooth.
- Break up mincement with a fork; mix into bowl along with nuts and raisins.
- Spread dough in greased 9 inch x 13 inch pan (or for thinner cookies a 10 inch x 15 inch jellyroll pan).
- Bake at 400 degress 12 to 15 minutes.
- Put pan on cake rack to start cooling.
- Make frosting by mixing powdered sugar, hot milk, vanilla and salt to thin frosting consistency.
- While cookie are still warm, spread with frosting.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Cool and cut in 2" diamonds.
- In spite of the many ingredients, these cookies are quick to make. They keep well. Nice at Christmas time.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.