Print Friendly Recipe
- Glenda cakerecipes.com
Serves/Makes:1 9x13 cake
- 3 cups (700 ml) white sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups (700 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon extract
- 1 fluid 12 oz (336 grm). can or bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) white sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) flaked coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and flour one 9 inch x 13 inch baking pan.
- Cream the 1 cup (225 ml) butter or margarine, shortening and 3 cups (700 ml) white sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one a time beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the flour, lemon extract and lemon-lime soda.
- Mix well and pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan combine the 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) white sugar, 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine, 3 eggs, coconut, pineapple and nuts.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thick.
- Pour over cake while cake is still hot and icing is bubbling.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.