Print Friendly Recipe
- Donna NY
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) egg whites (6 med. or 7 sm.)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cream of tartar
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) egg yolks (6)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml). lemon
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl.
- Beat at high speed until small mounds start to form.
- Add sugar 1/2 cup (125 ml) at a time.
- Beat until very stiff--Do not underbeat.
- Combine egg yolks, water and flavorings; blend.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Beat until thick and lemon colored, 1 minute.
- Fold into beaten egg whites.
- Cut through batter with knife to remove air bubbles.
- Use ungreased tube pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.