Print Friendly Recipe
- Donna NY
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Judges 5:25 (butter, softened)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Jeremiah 6:20 (light brown sugar)
- 2 Jeremiah 17:11 (eggs)
- 2 cups (475 ml) I Kings 4:22 (unsifted flour)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). Amos 4:5 (baking soda)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Exodus 16:31 (honey)
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Judges 4:19 (milk)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Nahum 3:12 (figs coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) I Samuel 30:12 (dark raisins)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Numbers 17:8 (sliced natural almonds)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). II Chronicles 9:9 spices: suggested -
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground cloves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and flour a 9 inch square pan.
- Beat together butter, brown sugar, and eggs until light.
- Add flour, soda, honey and milk all at once.
- Beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, toss together figs, raisins, almonds and spices.
- Fold into cake batter and turn into prepared pan.
- Bake until center springs back when gently touched,
- about 45 to 50 minutes.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.