Print Friendly Recipe
- Chocolate cake with Chocolate Chips and nuts. An old fashioned recipe from the 40's.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:1 7-1/2x2 inch cake
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 oz (56 grm). chocolate
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour, sifted
- 1 cup (225 ml) hot water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 teaspooon baking soda
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). package chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped nuts
- Melt the chocolate in the hot water over low heat and blend, set it aside to cool slightly.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time and the vanilla and mix well.
- Add the cooled chocolate to the mixture in the bowl, mix.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Mix in 3/4th the amount of the chocolate chips and the nuts, saving 1/4th the amount to sprinkle on top of cake.
- Pour into greased cake pan.
- Pour remaining 1/4th of chocolate chips and nuts on top of cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar while still warm.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.