Print Friendly Recipe
- Honey is the basic flavor ingredient in these classic light fluffy dough Italian cookies. Americans might call these a "Sweet Roll".
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:14 Single Cookies
- 3 cups (700 ml) plus 4 tbsp (60 ml) white bread flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) yeast
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) honey
- Pour the flour onto your work surface and make a hole in the center with your fist.
- Dilute the yeast with 2/3 cup (150 ml) warm water and pour into the hole.
- Knead together as you would a bread dough.
- Leave the dough in a warm place to rise for 1 hour, then add the eggs, oil, and honey and knead again.
- Shape the dough into about 14 individual "figure 8's" and arrange them at least 2-3 inches apart on an oiled baking sheet.
- Leave them in a warm place to rise for up to 4 hours (the longer, the fluffier and lighter the cookie).
- Bake them in a 375 degree (200 C.) oven for about 15 minutes.
- Cool and store or serve.
- These are excellent with a cup of hot expresso or a flavored Latte! I like mine warmed with cinnamon-honey butter!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.