Print Friendly Recipe
- Light on the inside and crunchy on the outside of these delectible fritters.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:20 small individual fritters
- 2 cups (475 ml) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) superfine sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of dry white wine
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) of grappa or a liqueur of choice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 egg whites
- LOTS of oil for deep frying
- superfine sugar for dusting
- Put the flour in a bowl with the sugar and the salt, and stir in the white wine, grappa, melted butter and egg yolks, to make a batter.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer or a deep heavy pan to 385 degrees (200 C.), so that it is waiting and ready.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold these into the batter.
- Twist the bottom of a pastry bag fitted with a wide nozzle (so the batter doesn't pour straight through) and pour the batter into the pastry bag.
- Standing well back, incase the fat spits, squeeze small quantities of the batter ino the sizzling fat--You are going to try and make a "squiggly" shape like a coil of rope, so move the pastry bag in a circular motion as you squeeze it.
- Fry in batches of about 6-8 at most.
- Scoop out the fritters as soon as they are crisp and brown, drain on paper toweling and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Serve hot for the utmost treat!!
- Note 1: My husband likes me to pipe in some Bavarian Cream with a swirl of raspberry coulis for a touch of the berry's flavor or a rich buttercream filling.
Note 2: BE CAREFUL when making these around children or teenagers, they require your full attention.. both the fritters and the kids. Someone could be seriously hurt!
Note3: I like to use Frangelico (Hazelnut Liqueur) and stuff them with buttercream and ground hazelnuts and then rolled into powdered sugar for Christmas.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.