Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Oriental sesame oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) scallions
- Optional Vegetable Additions:
- cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
- water chestnuts, chopped
- celery, finely diced
- red bell pepper, finely diced
- In a medium saucepan combine chicken and water.
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Simmer over low heat, turning occasionally, until cooked through 15 to 20 min.
- Remove from broth and let cool on a plate.
- Broil broth over high heat until reduced to 1/4 cup (60 ml), 6 to 8 min.
- Cut chicken into 3/4-inch cubes; toss in bowl with reduced broth.
- Cover and chill.
- In a medium bowl, stir together vinegar, mustard, sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Gradually whisk in peanut oil to make a dressing.
- Add scallions.
- Pour over chicken and toss.
- Add desired vegetables and serve.
- Source:http://www.lifetimetv.com/recipes/frameset.shtml/chinch.html/copyright 1996 Jim Fobel
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.