Print Friendly Recipe
- Tender dumplings
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- soup or broth
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and blend with pastry blender until resembles corn meal.
- On floured surface, knead until smooth.
- Roll out a large fistful at a time as thick as pie crust and slice into strips.
- On a large cookie sheet. line strips, layoring between wax paper and sprinkled flour.
- Set cookie sheet in freezer over night.
- Remove; cut into pieces and package into freezer bags.
- Drop desired amount into rapidly simmering broth or soup and cook covered for 25 minutes without peeking.
- This is a scrumptious recipe. Can also be rolled rope style and cut into pieces before freezing.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.