Print Friendly Recipe
- Crisp clean flavor with a serious touch of total decadence! The absolute MUST dessert for summer evenings with friends!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:8 or more servings
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). frozen raspberries, unsweetened
- 1 cup (225 ml) good quality, fruity, spicy Zinfandel
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 4 oz (112 grm). superfine sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream (optional)
- Put the raspberries into a food processor and puree the fruit, then strain out the seeds.
- Place all ingredients, with the strained raspberries in a blender and pur e.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker, or in a metal container for a granita like texture.
- This recipe uses wine fresh out of the bottle. The sorbet won't keep, it will oxidize just like a bottle of wine does after it's been opened. Use all the sorbet in the same amount of time you'd consume a just opened bottle of wine.
Garnish with a fresh mint leaf and serve with shortbread cookies or light vanilla sugar wafers. Also excellent served on rich slices of pound cake or with fresh raspberries, narrow slices of angle food cake and lemon peel curls.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.