Print Friendly Recipe
- Classic Italian Dessert blending rich creamy mascarpone, Brandied Espresso, Whipped Cream and Light Delicate Lady Finger Cookies!
- For Espresso Syrup:
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) strong brewed espresso
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Italian or domestic brandy
- For Mascarpone Filling:
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Mascarpone Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). Savoiadi, imported or domestic ladyfingers, or sliced sponge cake
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Syrup Directions:
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat, cool.
- Add coffee and optional brandy.
- Filling Directions:
- Whip cream with sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Fold cream into softened mascarpone.
- Assembly Directions:
- Place a layer of the savoiardi, ladyfingers or sponge cake slices in the bottom of a shallow 2-quart baking dish or gratin dish.
- Sprinkle with half the syrup.
- Spread with half the filling.
- Repeat with remaining savoiardi, syrup and filling, spreading the top smooth, using a metal spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving.
- Immediately before serving place cocoa in a fine strainer and shake a light coating on surface.
- This is my personal favorite recipe for Tiramisu!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.