Print Friendly Recipe
- Patty Hern (dineseek.com)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 lb (.5 kg). red potatoes
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (225 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) curry powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped parsley
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Wash, pierce with a fork, and microwave the sweet potatoes and Yukon Gold potatoes until tender.
- Boil the red potatoes in salted water until tender.
- Do not overcook the potatoes, or they will not hold up in the salad.
- Drain red potatoes and chill all three types overnight.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and Yukon Golds, and dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut red potatoes into fourths.
- Place all potatoes into a large bowl.
- Slice red onion thinly and place into a colander.
- Sprinkle the salt on the onion and let it sit in the colander for 30 minutes to drain.
- Squeeze onion to remove excess water, and add to the bowl with the potatoes.
- Mix in the garlic, jalapeno, lemon juice, mayonnaise, curry powder, parsley and pepper.
- Chill until ready to serve.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.