Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- 8 oz (224 grm). cream cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash cloves, ground
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar, packed -- parboiled
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- Generously grease bottom of a 13 inch x 9 inch pan.
- Cream butter and cream cheese; add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into pan.
- Combine all ingredients till crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30-35 minutes, or till a toothpick comes out clean.
- Note: I usually make this with light cream cheese and skim milk.
It would probably be good with nuts added to the topping, too.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.