Print Friendly Recipe
- Easy to make! You can also substitute pears for the apples
- Bell Cookbook
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) oil
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups (700 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) pecans
- 3 cups (700 ml) apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Spray a tube pan with oil.
- In a mixing bowl, mix oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and add to oil mixture.
- Fold in apples and pecans.
- Spoon into prepared tube pan and bake for one hour.
- Prepare glaze just before taking cake out of the oven.
- Mix ingredients together and microwave for 3 minutes, in 1 minute intervals.
- Pour over hot cake and let completely cool in pan, even over night will work.
- Loosen from sides from pan and remove.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.