Print Friendly Recipe
- Cooked fudge frosting.
- 3 cups (700 ml) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). light corn syrup
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 4 1 oz (28 grm). squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, milk and unsweetened chocolate in large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Cook to 232 degrees (100 C.) on a candy thermometer, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat and drop the butter on the chocolate mixture. DO NOT STIR.
- Cool until lukewarm (about 1 hour).
- Add the vanilla and beat until frosting is creamy.
- Spread quickley on cake.
- NOTE: If frosting stiffens before spreading
- is completed, add 1/2 to 1 tsp (5 ml) water
- and beat until smooth.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.