Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). hot Italian link sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups (700 ml) tomato juice
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 2 tsp (10 ml). sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). carton cottage cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 16 oz (448 grm). package lasagna noodles
- Brown sausage over low heat in a large heavy skillet; drain sausage on paper towels, reserving 1/4 cup (60 ml) drippings.
- Saute' onion and garlic in drippings until crisp-tender.
- Return sausage to skillet, stir in tomato juice, tomato paste, water, sugar, 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt, and bay leaf.
- Simmer, uncovered, one hour.
- Stir occasionally.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Combine cottage cheese, egg, 1/4 cup (60 ml) Parmesan cheese, 1 cup (225 ml) mozzarella cheese, and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Spread about 1 tbsp (15 ml) cheese mixture on each noodle.
- Roll each noodle, jellyroll fashion, beginning at narrow end.
- Spread 1 cup (225 ml) sausage sauce in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Arrange rolls, seam side down, in sauce.
- Spoon remaining sauce over rolls.
- Sprinking with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.