Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). hot bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) regular grits
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 14 oz (392 grm). jar pizza sauce
- 10 oz (280 grm). shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- Brown sausage and ground beef in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain well.
- Cook grits according to package directions; spoon into a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Combine pizza sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Layer half each of pizza sauce, meat, green pepper, onion, and cheese over grits.
- Repeat layers, omitting remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 25 minutes.
- Add remaining cheese and bake uncovered, an additional 5 minutes.
- This recipe was the first place winner in the 4-H division of the Annual Greater Grits Cook-off.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.